Friday, October 19, 2007

Dear members

Hey kids, i don't know if any of us check this site regularly anymore, and i guess it is to be expected seeing as to how this whole bubble has popped on our sorry money-less souls. but it can be rectified, it can! i have the hope, and maybe that's not enough for some people, but at the very least, i think it can spur some of us on...i do want to go to europe. i really do. i want to visit china and I want to take a train with all of you. I want to see Mira, and i want to hug her hello. I want to swim in Asrul and Mira's parents' pools and i want to walk around unfamiliar cities and smile at passing strangers. I want to take lots and lots of pictures, because God knows i don't have enough pictures of you guys. I want to spread out big huge maps on the floors of one-room cheap hotels and i want to squabble over whether to go to the museum or the bar on the last night in the city. I want us all to hold hands so we don't get lost, and give each other knowing looks when strangers are talking to us about strange european things. And i want to have this memory, these colors and light and voices and sounds that I can hold on to and say, "That was mine, and no one can take it from me," because I want us to be happy for days on end, I want it to be a line that crosses over all of us, one we can share and say it was ours, all ours and no one else's. because i want it to be with you guys, because i gots no other guys, and even if i did, i wouldn't want them anyway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wanna join. any chance of that happening?

Anonymous said...

ukraine is really nice.. was in kiev a couple weeks ago.. immigrations were a tough bunch of tight-ass buggers...

they were wondering what was a loony malaysian doing in kiev for holiday.. that's till they saw my stash of Euro's lol!

needless to say i was king after that..

Zetty said...

:(